If you or someone you know has been prescribed medication to overcome common sleeping disorders, then you know these medications come with their own side-effects. Drowsiness, nausea, fatigue, and more often than not addiction follow when you expose your internal system to medicines to best the insomnia and other prevelant sleeplessness issues.
But there is a solution, organic in right, that not only subdues such disorders but also calms your nerves and gives you a much needed boost to take on the pickles of the day. Hemp.
It naturally grows in different parts of India, a traditionally recognised and Ayurvedic prescribed herb that single handedly works in many ways to keep your body healthy and the environment sustainable.
What is Insomnia and where does it stand in India, today?
Insomnia is a common sleep disorder that can be characterised by the difficulty one faces in falling asleep, remaining asleep, and interrupted sleep and ultimately exhausting the body, devoting it of required energy.
Insomnia is also known to be a significant cause of depression, irritability, and concentration issues that also impair memories. In India, it was reported, 9% of the population experienced Insomnia andnearly 30% have had sleeping disorders at some time; 28% have trouble falling and even staying asleep, by the Neurological Society of India.
These statistics saw a significant and rapid rise in the last two years, owing to the unprecedented onstart of a global pandemic. Stress and other health issues that are on the advent in these times are being studied as the cause. This kind of insomnia is called short-term, or acute insomnia, that lasts for days or maybe weeks. But when Insomnia persists for months, it is called chronic insomnia.
What causes Insomnia?
We live in a digital age where we inhale polluted air and expose ourselves to harmful radiations, deliberately. Our efforts to strive in the world, and to survive, is ironically the reason why we can’t seem to find a well-rested night of sleep.
Precisely, let’s break down some causes of Insomnia, which may be a primary problem for you or may be a resultant from other medical issues.
- Lifestyle stressors like work, relationships, finances, etc.
- Unhealthy eating habits and sleep patterns.
- Anxiety, depression and other mental health problems.
- Chronic pain owing to arthritis, fibromyalgia, etc.
- Menstruation, menopause, thyroid, and other hormonal fluctuations.
Can Vijaya Leaf Extract Oil aid in a good night’s sleep?
Found in Hemp, Cannabidiol (CBD) or The Vijaya Leaf Extract have cannabinoids that work by interacting with the endocannabinoid system (ECS) in the human body to target the central nervous system.
ECS is responsible for maintaining harmony throughout our body, regulating sleeping patterns, general moods, and eating patterns. The two primary cannabinoid receptors CB1 and CB2, are found predominantly in the brain and nervous system, as well as in peripheral organs and tissues. Therefore, Vijaya Leaf extract is after all the potion for your restless mornings and interrupted sleep, as patients have commonly reported that CBD reduces the time it takes for them to fall asleep.
Ananta Hemp Works brings this solution mixed with hemp seed oil and strawberry flavour for oral consumption. The 5% extract of the Vijaya Leaf is the component that works many wonders. To name a few-
- Improves Insomnia- The Full-spectrum (Vijaya Leaf Extract) SleepWell oil reduces anxiety which consequently reduces sleep difficulties, hence, improving the sleep quality. It even improves the quality and hours of sleep significantly.
- Reduces Anxiety and Stress- The CB1 receptors in the brain that can trigger feelings of fear and anxiety can be calmed down with the introduction and their interaction with the Vijaya Leaf Extract Oil.
- Natural Anti-inflammatory- The natural anti-inflammatory properties of Cannabidiol is known to reduce the production of cytokines, the inflammatory cells of the immune system. Thus when Cannabidiol interacts with cannabinoid receptors (CB2 receptors), pain perception may be altered and decreased for those experiencing it due to arthritis or other physical conditions.
ConclusionConsumption of Cannabis or Vijaya Leaf Extract Oil is dependent on an Ayurvedic doctor’s prescription for your condition. If you identify with the aforementioned symptoms and would like to consult a suitable doctor, consult a doctor here. This will not only clarify your doubts further, but also lend you clarity on the many consequences that sleep disorders have and how consumption of Cannabis will be life-changing.