VEGANISM- Fad no more
India is the second largest country, with nearly 30% of the population already vegetarian-friendly, the susceptibility to veganism can not be discounted for a mere health fad or a western influence that might soon wither. Veganism is a philosophy and a lifestyle that strives to exclude exploitation of animals for food, clothing or any other purpose. It is a way to promote the use, and thus development, of animal-free alternatives for a holistic benefit to the environment, including animals and humans. In the dietary aspect, it indicates the practice of discouraging use of products derived from animals, wholly or partly.
According to WHO’s estimate of the last decade’s new diseases, states that 75% of these diseases had originated from animals. This is primarily because of the unhygienic conditions in which factory farms house their animals, making them a suitable breeding ground for diseases. This large prevailing understanding has manifested into the Vegan Shift. People see shifting to a plant-based diet as part of the solution.
A plant-based diet means differently for different people. For some people it may be a vegan diet, involving avoiding all animal products. For others it may mean consuming only plant foods, such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, and legumes, and some may occasionally consume meat, fish, or dairy products. A plant based diet conclusively focuses on healthful whole foods, rather than processed foods.
Virtues of Veganism- How beneficial adopting a plant based diet is for your lifestyle?
Weight Manager: Obesity is an epidemic plaguing populations regardless of borders. But when one chooses to switch their dietary preferences to plants, cuts on refined sugars, grains, processed foods, and junk food, it is seen to stimulate weight loss and even keep the weight off in the long run. This is because plant based diets contain high quantities of fiber, complex carbohydrates, and water content obtained from fruits and vegetables. This helps in keeping people feeling fuller for longer duration and increases energy use while resting.
Heart Healer- A Vegan diet is by far the easiest approach to keeping your heart healthy which tends to be at risk when meat, which contains saturated sugar and cholesterol, is consumed in excess. Mind you, not all plant based diets are healthy, it all depends on the healthy cooking techniques. The key is adding high-quality, nutrient rich plant-based foods. Following a vegan diet helps reverse coronary heart disease and is associated with a 40 percent lower risk of CHD and a 34 percent reduced risk of hypertension and lowers blood pressure, which is a contributing factor to heart diseases.
Diabetes Warrior- Plants contain lower quantities of saturated fats than animal foods, which raises cholesterol levels along with the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. A plant-based diet is also very useful in managing existing diabetes for its fiber-rich plant compounds with dense antioxidant activity that regulate blood sugar. Vegan diets have been studied for their preventative and therapeutic effects on diabetes and may be more beneficial than medicated diabetes management.
Cancer Killer- Researchers credit the diet’s immune-boosting properties, resulting in an 18 percent lower risk of cancer compared to people who opt for animal-based dietary choices. Veganism includes Cancer-protective nutrients, such as fiber, vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals, which also proves important cancer survivors.
- Brain Booster- Some studies suggest that such diets help slow or prevent cognitive decline and even onset of Alzheimer’s disease in older adults. This is particularly because the plant-based diets are rich in plant compounds and antioxidants, which are known to reverse cognitive deficits. It is also said to reduce, by 20%, the risk of developing dementia or many other cognitive impairments.
Merits of Veganism span wider than all the aforementioned points. It is looked upon as the way to change the course of climate change. But hemp, a miracle plant, makes adopting veganism a cake walk. Hemp is among the world's most nutritionist plants, regenerative, heals the environment around it as it grows, requires zilch pesticides or insecticides, its rugged roots prevent erosion, its leaves return nitrogen to the soil, and hemp cultivation generates very little waste. It is the environment's best friend and is set to be your vegan diet’s focal point.
For your plant based vegan diet hemp seeds, hemp oil, and even hemp seed powder act as superfoods. It is called nature’s superfood for an abundant availability of Omega Fatty and Amino Acids, Vitamin A, Vitamin D and Vitamin E as well as key minerals such as Iron, Calcium, Potassium, Phosphorus and Magnesium to your immune system.
The Hemp plant was used in India centuries ago, for its nutritions. It has made its way back to us, with a refined approach to nourishing our lifestyles which consequently enriches the environments, and rids it of superfluous adjuncts. It denounces all adverts that paint the picture of a plant-based diet as low in protein, calcium, or to weaken people’s muscle density. Infact, Hemp is the champion of Veganism.
- Hemp seed is a plentiful source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals such as magnesium, iron, zinc, and potassium which are said to provide benefits for cardiac health.
- Hemp Hearts are a complete source of protein with 20 amino acids, 9 essential and 2 semi-essential amino acids that our body cannot produce on its own.
- High concentration of essential fatty acids promote transport of oxygen to cells in the body which ultimately makes the cells better equipped to block bacterial, fungal, and viral infections.
- Aids digestion and cleansing of the colon with its high fiber concentration which also lowers the risk of developing diarrhea (or) hemorrhoids.
- It contains the perfect ratio (3:1) of Omega 6 to Omega 3, that is best suited for a human body.
- Magnesium rich and filled with amino acids, and vitamin-B, Hemp seeds naturally alleviate stress making it the brain food!
And more still, Hemp benefits can be experienced with a motivated plant-based diet for a sustainable lifestyle. It serves the environment faster, and your health better. Therefore, making NOW the right time to lean towards VEGANISM.
Leave a comment