Courtesy by Amanda @ Running with Spoons
This healthy chocolate hemp overnight oatmeal smoothie tastes just like melted chocolate ice cream while packing an impressive 15 g of plant-based protein and containing the minimum daily requirement of omega-3s! Vegan, gluten-free, and refined-sugar-free, it makes a perfect breakfast or snack for any chocolate lover!
- 1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp (20 g) shelled hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp (10 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 – 1 cup (180 – 240 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup**
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt (optional but highly recommended)
The night before, add all the ingredients to the bowl of your blender and blend on high until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached. Transfer the smoothie to a glass or jar, cover, and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
The next morning, remove your smoothie from the fridge, add desired toppings, and enjoy! If your smoothie is too thick, stir in a few splashes of almond milk to achieve your desired consistency.