Hemp Banana and Oats muffin
Banana hemp heart muffins are moist and delicious, packed with fiber, good fats, oh and kids LOVE them. They are perfect to grab and go at breakfast time or for an afternoon snack. They also pack well for school lunches!
- 1 cup (250ml) whole grain spelt flour
- 1 cup Ananta hemp hearts
- ½ cup unsweetened dried coconut
- 1 ½ teaspoon (7.5ml) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (2.5ml) salt
- ½ teaspoon (2.5ml) cinnamon
- 2 mashed very ripe bananas
- ½ cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) ground flax seed powder ( replacement of egg)
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Choco chip or white Choco chip
Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius). Prepare muffin tin with paper liners.
In a bowl, prepare the flax powder mix, i.e. ground flax with two tablespoons hot water and keep aside.
In another bowl,
whisk together flour, hemp hearts, coconut, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
To the flax mixture, add mashed bananas, olive oil, and maple syrup/ honey.
Now add the wet and dry ingredients together until well combined.
Scoop the mixture into muffin tins by ¼th cup.
Bake for 18-20 minutes until the top begins to turn golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
Served best with Vanilla ice cream!
Leave a comment