Are you troubled with constantly bleeding gums? Do you suffer from constant insecurity or bad breath? Are you on the lookout for the one thing that could help your gums or rather oral health as a whole naturally?
Have you tried Ayurveda to help you overcome this?
Or are you still stuck in a cycle of going to your dentist and pain killers only?
How often have you been embarrassed while speaking in public, or how many times have you tried to smell your breath to see if everything between you and your spouse or partner is going fine?
Who doesn't want that mesmerizing smile that captures everyone's attention, without having those plague spots in between? The feeling of having weak bleeding gums that stops you from munching on your favorite candies or fruits is also a much more frustrating story to handle. Everyone will have one or another devastating story about their oral health.
Ayurveda to Help You With Oral Health!
Oil pulling is a traditional Oral Kriya (Activity) that Ayurvedic teachings advocate as an important element of routine health exercises or Dinacharya. There are two sorts of oil pulling processes mentioned according to classics, Gandusha and Kaval kriya.
Gandusha Kriya involves putting a big amount of oil in the mouth and holding it there for around 10-15 minutes, while Kavala Kriya involves putting a lesser amount of oil in the mouth, swishing it around briskly within the oral cavity, and spewing it out by 2 to 3 minutes.
Oil pulling has been shown in studies to eliminate oral bacteria and enhance dental health. Some alternative therapy practitioners suggest that it can also aid in the treatment of a variety of ailments.
While the exact mechanism of oil pulling is unknown, it is said to "draw" bacteria from the mouth. It may also aid in the reduction of bacteria by hydrating your gums and stimulating saliva production.
Benefits of Oil Pulling
1. Kills all harmful bacteria in the mouth: There are about 700 different species of bacteria that could reside in your mouth, with up to over 350 of those varieties being present at any given moment. Tooth decay, poor breath, and gum disease can all be caused by certain types of dangerous bacteria. Oil pulling has been found in several trials to help lower the number of dangerous germs in the mouth.
2. Could help to reduce halitosis or bad Breath: Bad breath can be caused by a variety of factors. Infection, periodontitis, poor oral hygiene, and soft palate-coating, which occurs when bacteria become stuck on the tongue, are just a few of the most frequent. The germs must be removed from the mouth, either by flossing or using an antiseptic wash such as chlorhexidine. Surprisingly, oil pulling was found to be just as efficient as chlorhexidine at eliminating bad breath in a research.
3. Aids to help prevent cavities: Tooth decay is caused by poor dental hygiene, excessive sugar consumption, and bacterial accumulation, which results in the production of cavities in the teeth. The germs start to deteriorate the bits of food, converting an acid that eats away the tooth enamel and promotes decay. Oil pulling has been shown in several trials to help lower the number of oral bacteria, hence reducing tooth decay.
4. Reducing gum pain and inflammation enhances gum wellness as well: Gingivitis is a form of gum disease characterized by red, swollen, and readily bleeding gums. Gingivitis is caused by bacteria contained in plaque, which can trigger inflammation and irritation in the gums. Oil pulling, on the other hand, may be an excellent way to promote gum care and decrease inflammation.
Oil Pulling Using Hemp Seed Oil
Benefits of using hemp seed oil in the oral cavity:
The particular benefits of considering hemp seed oil Gandusha is as follows:
- Hot potency prevents the abode of bacteria formations.
- Katu metabolic end effect nullifies the acidic medium of plague and eliminates oral cavities.
- Its Vyavayi action gives effective and quick relief from bleeding gums.
- Improve blood circulation on the gums, teeth, and associated structures.
- Helps to enhance better oral health in general.
How to use?
Take a spoonful of hemp seed oil and swirl it in the oral cavity for 2-3 minutes, and then spit it out.
Note: Remember to use pull in between the teeth as well for best results.
Just as brushing is important for oral health, so is oil pulling. This traditional yet simple method has stupendous effects on not just oral wellness but general body wellness.
Tune yourself to the hymn of nature by using Ayurveda through hemp!