Benefits of Hemp Hearts
Over the years, hemp hearts have become very popular & are upgraded from hipster products to pantry staples. The nutritional value of hemp hearts has made them important & a part of everyday diet.
Hemp hearts are hulled or unshelled hemp seeds that are derived from the hemp sativa plant. As these don’t contain Cannabidiol or Tetrahydrocannabinol, these hearts have no mind-altering effects or other side effects. Also, the fine taste makes it easier for people to accommodate these hearts into the daily diet. You can add hemp hearts in smoothies, yogurt, salads & more.
Along with a good taste, hemp seed oil or hemp hearts are rich in nutrition and offer umpteen benefits.
Top Benefits of Hemp Hearts are:
1. Rich Source of Protein & Several Other Nutrients:
Hemp hearts may be small but are a big source of protein. 2 tablespoons of hemp hearts contain around 9.5 grams of protein. Other than this, hemp hearts are also a big source of 9 essential amino acids. As the human body cannot generate amino acids on its own, these acids need to be added to the daily diet.
Furthermore, hemp hearts also boast Omega-3 & Omega-6 fatty acids.
2. Hemp Hearts Support Good Bone Health:
It is proven, that along with calcium & vitamin D, magnesium also plays a vital role in keeping the bones strong. Adding magnesium to daily diet ensures better bone density, responsible for reduced risk of fractures & osteoporosis.
Similarly, phosphorus in the body helps build and maintain bones & teeth. The phosphorus makes bones rigid by forming tiny crystals. Just three tablespoon of hemp hearts provides around 210 milligrams of magnesium and 495 milligrams of phosphorus. These cover almost 68% & 70% of the recommended daily intake of these nutrients.
3. Reduces the Risk of Heart Troubles:
Heart-related issues are responsible for the maximum number of deaths worldwide. However, adding hemp hearts to your daily diet reduces this risk. Hemp hearts are rich in amino acid arginine, which plays an important role in the body’s production of nitric oxide, which causes blood vessels to dilate and relax, which lowers blood pressure and reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. Hemp Hearts helps Body Convert Food to Energy:
The thiamine & manganese content present in hemp hearts helps the body generate the energy it required. Thiamine helps your body break down carbohydrates so they can be used in energy. It is also essential for the growth, development, and function of the cells in the body.
Talking about nutrition content, three tablespoons of hemp hearts provide around 130% of recommended daily intake of manganese, a mineral responsible for breaking starches and sugar we eat and process cholesterol, carbohydrates & protein. All these nutrients support strong bones, blood clotting & ensure a healthy immune system.
5. Improves Hair and Skin:
Hemp hearts contain more than 30% fat and are particularly rich in alpha-linolenic acid (Omega-3) and linolenic acid (Omega-6). Hemp seed oil is used in cosmetics because it can penetrate through layers of skin & scalp to promote cell growth.
Nutritional Benefits Of Hemp Seeds
- Protein Power: Hemp seeds are valued for being complete protein, containing all 21 amino acids, including all 9 essential amino acids. It’s important to consume essential amino acids through food as our bodies cannot produce them naturally.
- Essential Fatty Acids: Hemp seeds contain an ideal amount of omega-6 and omega-3 essential fatty acids. These fatty acids cannot be synthesized by the body but are required to support a wide range of cellular processes in the body, including the proper function of the heart and brain.
- Full of Nutrients: Hemp seeds are also an excellent source of Vitamin E, zinc, iron, and magnesium. Vitamin E and zinc are potent antioxidants that protect cells against the damaging effect of free radicals. Iron helps deliver oxygen-rich red blood cells throughout the body and magnesium plays a role in hundreds of chemical reactions in the body.
Where to Buy Hemp Hearts?
As discussed, the benefits of hemp hearts make them important in our daily diet. However, these benefits can only be leveraged if the hearts are 100% organic & natural. Now you can buy good quality hemp in India at Ananta Hemp Works. This is one venture, which is dedicated to providing authentic & good quality hemp products, including hemp hearts, hemp protein powder, personal care hemp lotion, hemp cosmetics, hemp body butter, hemp face wash, hemp soap, hemp shampoo & more online at affordable prices.
Leave a comment