Over the years, hemp hearts have become very popular & are upgraded from hipster products to pantry staples. The nutritional value of hemp hearts has made them important & a part of everyday diet. In this article, we will delve into the top 5 incredible benefits of hemp seeds, revealing their potential to transform your health and wellness journey.
Hemp hearts are hulled or unshelled hemp seeds that are derived from the hemp sativa plant. As these don’t contain Cannabidiol or Tetrahydrocannabinol, these hearts have no mind-altering effects or other side effects. Also, the fine taste makes it easier for people to accommodate these hearts into the daily diet.
Health Benefits of Hemp Seeds
1. Rich Source of Protein & Several Other Nutrients
Hemp Seeds may be small but are a big source of protein. 2 tablespoons of hemp hearts contain around 9.5 grams of protein. Other than this, hemp hearts are also a big source of 9 essential amino acids. As the human body cannot generate amino acids on its own, these acids need to be added to the daily diet.
Furthermore, hemp hearts also boast Omega-3 & Omega-6 fatty acids.
2. Help in Weight Management
Hemp seeds can be a valuable addition to your weight management plan. These tiny seeds are high in fiber, which helps to keep you feeling full and satisfied, reducing the chances of overeating. The protein content in hemp seeds is also beneficial for weight management, as it helps to build and repair tissues, while providing a sustained source of energy.
The healthy fats found in hemp seeds can also contribute to weight loss. These fats help to regulate appetite and metabolism, ensuring that your body efficiently burns calories.
3. May Reduces the Risk of Heart Troubles
Hemp seeds are rich in amino acid arginine, which plays an important role in the body’s production of nitric oxide, which causes blood vessels to dilate and relax, which lowers blood pressure and reduces the risk of heart diseases.
The omega-3 fatty acids found in hemp seeds help to reduce inflammation in the body, which can lower the risk of heart disease. By incorporating hemp seeds into your diet, you can support a healthy heart and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
4. Helps Body Convert Food to Energy
The thiamine & manganese content present in hemp seeds helps the body generate the energy it required. Thiamine helps your body break down carbohydrates so they can be used in energy. It is also essential for the growth, development, and function of the cells in the body.
Talking about nutrition content, three tablespoons of hemp hearts provide around 130% of recommended daily intake of manganese, a mineral responsible for breaking starches and sugar we eat and process cholesterol, carbohydrates & protein. All these nutrients support strong bones, blood clotting & ensure a healthy immune system.
5. Improves Skin and Hair
Hemp hearts contain more than 30% fat and are particularly rich in alpha-linolenic acid (Omega-3) and linolenic acid (Omega-6). These fatty acids help to nourish the skin and promote a healthy complexion. These fats can also help to reduce inflammation in the skin, soothing conditions such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis. Hemp seed oil is used in cosmetics because it can penetrate through layers of skin & scalp to promote cell growth.
Hemp seeds are also rich in vitamins and minerals that are essential for healthy hair, such as vitamin E, zinc, and iron. These nutrients help to strengthen the hair follicles, promote healthy hair growth, and prevent hair loss.
Nutritional Benefits of Hemp Hearts
- Protein Power: Hemp seeds are valued for being complete protein, containing all 21 amino acids, including all 9 essential amino acids. It’s important to consume essential amino acids through food as our bodies cannot produce them naturally.
- Essential Fatty Acids: Hemp seeds contain an ideal amount of omega-6 and omega-3 essential fatty acids. These fatty acids cannot be synthesized by the body but are required to support a wide range of cellular processes in the body, including the proper function of the heart and brain.
- Full of Nutrients: Hemp seeds are also an excellent source of Vitamin E, zinc, iron, and magnesium. Vitamin E and zinc are potent antioxidants that protect cells against the damaging effect of free radicals. Iron helps deliver oxygen-rich red blood cells throughout the body and magnesium plays a role in hundreds of chemical reactions in the body.
Hemp Seed Recipes and Meal Ideas
If you're looking for some inspiration on how to incorporate hemp seeds into your meals, here are a few recipe ideas to get you started:
1. Hemp Seed Energy Balls: In a food processor, blend dates, hemp seeds, almond butter, and a pinch of sea salt until well combined. Roll the mixture into small balls and refrigerate for an hour to set. These energy balls make a delicious and nutritious snack.
2. Hemp Seed Pesto: In a blender, combine fresh basil, hemp seeds, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Blend until smooth and use as a topping for pasta, roasted vegetables, or as a dip for bread.
3. Hemp Seed Overnight Oats: In a jar, combine rolled oats, almond milk, chia seeds, hemp seeds, and a sweetener of your choice. Stir well, cover, and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, top with fresh berries, nuts, and a drizzle of honey for a nutritious and filling breakfast.
Where to Buy Hemp Hearts?
As discussed, the benefits of hemp hearts make them important in our daily diet. However, these benefits can only be leveraged if the hearts are 100% organic & natural. Now you can buy good quality hemp in India at Ananta Hemp Works. This is one venture, which is dedicated to providing authentic & good quality hemp products, including hemp hearts, hemp protein powder, personal care hemp lotion, hemp cosmetics, hemp body butter, hemp face wash, hemp soap, hemp shampoo & more online at affordable prices.